Sunday, 23 September 2012

I hate ‘Made In Chelsea’




For anyone unfamiliar with the wank fest that is Made in Chelsea, here’s the deal (taxed from wiki):

Made in Chelsea (abbreviated as MiC) is a structured reality television series that is broadcast by E4. It is set in the wealthy Chelsea district of London and is similar in style to ITV2's The Only Way Is Essex. The show follows the lives of several young, affluent Chelsea socialites. Made in Chelsea is mostly shot in the West London areas of Belgravia, the Kings Road and Knightsbridge as well as occasionally featuring other locations such as Dubai and Finland.
FYI: scousewifes > TOWIE > MiC
And for anyone unfamiliar with London postcodes, whilst I’m still not entirely sure of the logic behind them, I can tell you this much; Chelsea is SW10 (and parts of SW3), and we are SW11.
The nouveau riche in SW11 like to front as if they’re really aristocrats from SW10 and say they live in ‘South Chelsea’. All that separates my hood from the luxury white terraces with wrought iron fences and million pound babies of Chelsea, is the Thames. Melbourians will be familiar with the north/south of the river debate, however to say you’re from ‘South Chelsea’ when your postcode is SW11 is like saying you’ve got an inner city apartment in South Yarra, when really you live in the housing commission high rise on Malvern Road, Prahran!
Anyway, MiC claims to portray the lives of South west Londoners; a few puncy boys who couldn’t fight their way out wet paper bag and spend their time getting their portraits painted and playing polo and some holier than thou, wannabe virgin mary prinnys who do sweet fuck all, but for shopping at ritzy Sloane Square boutiques 24/7!

 Above: Francis from MiC debates whether he should be holding a pineapple or a globe in his portrait. I think he should save the cash and get some testosterone supps!
There’s usually a heated debate in out flat when this tripe is aired on E4, I always tell my flatty it’s on and immediately regret it! I cringe at the pathetic excuses for men, who spend more time doing their hair than I do and then go fencing together (not on a farm like a real man, that stupid fake knife fight thing) And really, it makes for shit boring telly!
If the makers of MiC were to cross the river and come to the dark side that is SW11, I could hook them up with a ton of highly entertaining material – fellas who wear matching (grey) Polo tracksuits rather than playing polo, real knife fights, teen mum’s who shop at Primark and the only portraits that get painted here are memorial graffiti murals for the poor, life long estate boy who was found dead in questionable circumstances!

So, Imma write to E4 with this bangin' idea. I'll let ya's know how it pans out...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment