Monday, 10 September 2012

The Real London Fashion Week (#TheRealLFW)



It's London Fashion Week! Step aside international fashionistas, because here's the word on the real London Streets! 

Back home when I lived with me BFF, Mandypies,  we had a little joke about how you just cannot wear grey on grey (hereafter GoG) – that is, grey pants with a grey top etc, even if the shades are different (even if there’s 50 of them!), you just can’t do it!
   
Aside from adding 15kg’s to your figure in one foul swoop, grey is impractical, particularly when it comes to the gym/running/anything which may see you work up a sweat, as “marl’’ or “heather” grey is a sweaty betty’s worst nightmare for unsightly underarm and back patches after smashing the tready at Thommo Five Star.

Occasionally, we’d wear it round the house as for a laugh. Likewise with our Adidas tracksuits, however only in situations of extreme necessity would we ever leave the house like it.

The aussie bogan hasn’t really embraced the matching tracksuit since back in the Kappa days. I put it down to the climate rather than a lack of fashion expertise. The UK however, embraces GoG and the matching tracksuit! There has been so much disbelief when I speak of it, so I’ve become a bit of a stealth paparazzi taking snaps of the ol’ GoG  in action. Rampant in my Souf Lunduuuun hood, Liverpool and Manchester, here’s the GoG S/S 2013 collection!

Use all seen it 'ere first!




No comments:

Post a Comment